Are you looking for the one, true storage facility you can entrust your most beloved possessions with? If you live in Australia, finding a reliable Seddon self storage or any equipment storage Melbourne has today might prove to be quite a daunting task since there are a lot of safe storage warehouses out there.
Here are some steps to do it quick:
1. Firstly, make a list of items that need to be packed and stored.
2. At the same time, decide on things that can be sorted out and packed together.
3. Estimate the total amount of space needed to store the items that you have listed. You can use the storage space estimate tool on the facility’s website as a reference. If there is no such tool available on their website, contact the facility via phone or email for storage recommendations.
4. Next, a trip to the document storage Melbourne facility is necessary to determine the exact storage for your items.
5. Repeat step 3 and 4 if you want to get more estimates from different facilities – the more rental cost that you obtain from different facilities, the better.
6. Finally, decide on the facility that best meets your budget and preferences.
What’s next when you have signed up for a self storage unit?
One of the most troublesome experiences of having a Seddon self storage unit is the item retrieval process. You will feel frustrated when you are unable to retrieve your stuff because of these following reasons:
– You have forgotten where you put it in the first place.
– The item that you are looking for is unreachable and you have to unload other items from the unit in order to retrieve it.
– Your unit is too packed and you have no ample space to move your stuff out from it.
To avoid such problems from happening, here are some tips on what you should do before you move your items into your Seddon self storage unit:
Conserve space as much as possible
Think of creative ways to minimize space in the storage unit by enhancing your packing skills. For example, dismantle the parts of the furniture and store them in a storage box, or roll up and tie a foam mattress.
Create a master inventory list to keep track of your belongings
Having a master inventory list is the basis of inventory management. A packing box may contain a group of items and label the box clearly. Then, record the inventory that you placed into the storage unit in the master inventory list for easy reference in future. See more at Dan Hadley Adelaide
Leave an aisle for easier access
Leaving an aisle down the center of storage unit makes it easier for you to reach for your items. However, sometimes it is hard to leave an aisle due to limited storage space.
Place your items based on their priorities
Items that you may need access often are set as high priority items to be placed in the front of the unit. See more at https://www.publicselfstorage.com.au/