As per a report in The Sydney Morning Herald, the Department of Health records have unleashed the trend of raising the amount of billed burden on Medicare. Due to an overwhelming growth in demand for after-hour home doctors in Australia, the Medicare Benefit Schedule was billed a havoc amount of $662.1 million since 2010. Throughout Australia and the counties of Australia, the health care trend has undergone a massive transition. Recently, the survey records have unveiled the rapidly increasing demand for gp after hours throughout. The inclination towards the need for home visiting doctors has encouraged the need for more medical professionals.
Advantages of a GP after Hours
In popular regions of Australia like Brisbane, people prefer to access after-hour GP services owing to several reasons. The sense of safety and care prevails with gp after hours services, since you are immediately under the supervision of a medial professional for any kind of ailment.
· The after hours gp appointments Brisbane wide is available from 6pm to 8am and on weekends as well as public holidays. Therefore, you do not need to miss your work schedule to acquire a doctor’s appointment even for serious health issues as you can use the after-hours.
· These services offer instant response, and a doctor is by your side within a minimum time limit after your call.
· A home-visiting doctor who attends you on a GP after hours call, responsibly co-ordinates with your regular GP by sending a report of the immediate treatment and your condition.
· Most of the after hours medical Brisbane GPs offer 100% bulk billing, which means that if you are a holder of Medicare or a DVA member, you can derive maximum medical expense coverage with this service.
· Some of the private companies in Brisbane who offer extensive GP after houres services also extend their service benefits by providing as much as possible free medication for the emergency health situation at night. Therefore, you can rely on their medicines without any cost for that single night when you are being treated by a home visiting doctor at afterhours.
Look for a Home Visiting Doctor
There are numerous medical institutes offering GP after hours services. You can surf through the Internet and look for a list of such services available in Brisbane or your locality. You can also seek references from your friends and colleagues about such services.
When to look for a GP after hours service
You can find doctors Brisbane after hours for treating medical emergencies after the general working hours. Generally, they treat conditions like
· Sudden or severe pain
· High fever
· Cold, cough or viral flu
· Accidental cuts or injuries
· Injuries requiring stitches
· Animal or insect bites
Apart from severe or critical health issues, when you need to hospitalize a patient, you can call a doctor at home. These services clearly elaborate services for general medical conditions, which are categorized and considered as non – emergency. They offer treatment for only a few conditions, which are not life threatening for patients.